Benefits of a concrete home:
- Beautiful Homes
- Design options are limitless with a concrete
home: traditional or contemporary, one-story or two-stories. Add your choice of exterior finish to compliment
the design (from brick to stone to stucco to siding).
- Built to Last
- A solid concrete home can endure infestation, fire, and forces of nature like earthquakes, tornadoes, and hurricanes
considerably better than homes made of other building materials.
- Energy Efficient
- A concrete home will stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter due to the thermal mass (or storage capacity)
of concrete. The mass of concrete slows down the passage of heat moving through the wall. When combined with the
airtight construction and added insulation, the concrete home's inside temperature remains comfortable and consistent.
- "Green Building"-Environmentally Friendly
- Concrete homes conserve energy,
have lower indoor air pollution and conserve trees by reducing the use of lumber.
- Nature is not a threat to a concrete home. Concrete homes are termite,
rot and fire resistant.
- Quiet and Comfortable
- With land
prices rising and homebuilding land becoming more scarce, many homes are being built closer together or closer to noisy
roads, railways, or airports. A concrete home provides the sound reducing qualities needed to attain a quiet, comfortable
interior. Although some sound will penetrate the windows, a concrete home is often two-thirds quieter than a wood-frame
- Solid Investments
- Lower operating cost, higher
resale value, and improved quality of living make the concrete home a wise investment. Over time, benefits like energy efficiency,
disaster and fire resistance, and durability reduce the cost of owning a home. Reduced noise and more even temperatures mean
quiet comfort that you can enjoy year round.
Read Fast Facts: Concrete Homes from the NAHB's Concrete Home Building Council Website.
We have built numerous types of concrete homes throughout the years including:
♦ Above Grade
♦ Earth Sheltered